organized by Banitza and Human and Social Studies Foundation – Sofia
Send us an essay on:
1. #ListenToMe: “Man is not an island”.
2. #LookAtMe: Use a picture as an inspiration for your essay.
Photo: Nikolay Nikolov www.blindspot.bg
Size – 1000 words.
No age limits.
Please send your essays here: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: contest2015) with short note about you (age, occupation, address).
Deadline: November 15th, 2015.
You can participate with only one essay.
Your texts should not contain pictures, charts and tables.
For more information: email@example.com
The winners will be announced here and on the webpage of Banitza.
Two prizes will be given, each 150 BGN.
- Great prize of „Banitza“ for essay on #ListenToMe: “Man is not an island”: 150 BGN.
- Great prize of „Banitza“ for essay on #LookAtMe: (essay on photography): 150 BGN.
- Part of the candidates will have the opportunity to take part in an interactive education on “How we must write for digital and young public”, and a chance to work together with the team of Banitza for unlimited period of time.
The winners will be determined by:
Marin Bodakov – writer, journalist and professor at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski “.
Luchezar Boyadjiev– contemporary artist and curator. He works with personal interpretations of social processes, with city visuality and interventions in the public space. He has participated in numerous exhibitions, contests and conferences in Bulgaria and abroad. Member of the Institute of Contemporary Art – Sofia.
Valentina Georgieva – professor of Cultural Studies at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski “, research interests in anthropology of youth cultures and protest movements in Bulgaria during the resent years.
The contest is organized in the frame of the project Civic practice for students and teachers. Post 2011 protests, funded by the NGO Programme in Bulgaria under the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2009-2014 (www.ngogrants.bg)